Sedation Dentistry - Shawn Fox DDS
For many people, a trip to the dentist is a very stressful time. There is no worry to fear!
Dr. Fox and his team understand their concern and go the extra mile for our patients to ensure everyone is comfortable and happy to visit their dentist. Dental phobia and fear of pain are not uncommon in dental patients, especially children. Our staff is renowned for our care and ability to make children feel comfortable having dental work done. For people who need help relaxing in the dentist chair, sedation dentistry is available.
Sedation Dentistry Isn't Just for Anxious Patients
Sedation Dentistry isn't just for patients that experience anxiety or fear when they receive dental treatment. You could also be a great candidate for relaxation dentistry for a variety of other reasons including:
- History of a bad gag reflex
- History of very sensitive teeth
- History of sensitive/overly curious tongue
- History of sore jaw after dental appointments
- History of complex dental problems
You have a couple of options depending on your comfort level:
- Oral Sedation: Taken the night before and/or the day of the appointment, oral sedatives relax but are not for pain relief.
- Nitrous Oxide: “Laughing gas” is inhaled through a mask to relax, with a local anesthetic used to eliminate pain.
- Concious Sedation: These drugs which enter your body intravenously and provides sedation and pain relief along with local anesthetics.
Fox Valley Family Dentistry makes your dental visit as comfortable as possible so you can enjoy the benefits of regular dentist visits and a clean oral bill of health.